Home

Upcoming Events:          Vacation Bible School     




Sunday School: 9:30 am             Sunday Service 10:30 am

5800 Southwest Parkway, Wichita Falls, TX 76310

(940) 692-9995


© Trinity United Methodist Church, 2016








Bit of History


Trinity United Methodist Church began in 1910 as a mission from the Evangelical Church in Bowman, Texas. It was named The First Church of the Evangelical Association but was generally referred to as “First Church.” The original building was erected in 1911 at 15th and Broad Streets in Wichita Falls. In 1946 the Evangelical and United Brethren Churches united and First Church was renamed First Evangelical United Brethren (EUB) Church. In 1967 the Oklahoma-Texas Conference of the EUB voted to unite with the Methodist Church and we received our current name. This name is significant in that not only does it embrace the Holy Trinity but also symbolizes the combining of the Evangelical, United Brethren and Methodist Churches.


In 1990 the congregation voted to erect a new building on three acres of property at our current location. Groundbreaking began in 1991 and the first worship service was held in January of 1993. One hundred years of ministry was celebrated in November of 2010. For that occasion several original stained glass windows from the 15th and Broad building were mounted in the foyer and at the front of the worship area. They had been removed and stored when the old building was sold. When that building burned to the ground in 1996 it was possible to obtain the cornerstone which is now on display in our foyer.


Groundbreaking for the 13,400 square foot Ministry Activity Center (MAC) was begun in 2002 and completed the following year. This facility has a full-size gymnasium, kitchen, classrooms and bathrooms, and is used for a variety of gatherings in addition to the Growing Center. It is also available for use by the community. A two-day-a-week preschool for children three and four years old had begun in 2002. Following completion of the MAC a full-time child care facility was opened for children from six weeks to five years of age. By 2005 the Growing Center was full and totally self-sustaining with the ability to contribute to the expenses of the church.